Clarkesville, GA WW/Press/January 26, 2021 – James H. Cox, Of Counsel with The Carr Law Group, LLC was selected for inclusion into the Top Attorneys of North America 2020-2021 edition by The Who’s Who Directories.
The Carr Law Group is an established and reputable family law firm of legal professionals serving the entire Northeast Georgia community, with offices centrally located in Habersham, Hall and White counties in the cities of Clarkesville, Gainesville and Cleveland. The firm is unique in that it was founded by and is still comprised of two brothers and a sister, who are each attorneys: Spencer, Emily and Quentin Carr. The firm strives to keep core family values at the forefront of our practice. They want their clients to feel like they are part of their family or business. The attorneys have successfully represented individuals, families, and small businesses throughout Northeast Georgia for several decades. It is the goal of The Carr Law Group to represent their clients’ interests aggressively and with forthright determination, ultimately finding solutions that are efficient, economical, and fair to all parties, while maintaining the highest ethical standard.
Attorney James H. Cox, is “of counsel” at The Carr Law Group civil litigation practice. He has more than 40 years of legal experience.
Jim has tried cases in state and federal courts throughout the country, ranging from catastrophic injury auto accidents to lawsuits involving international corporations. He is licensed to practice in State and Federal Courts in Georgia, as well as five of the nation’s Federal circuit courts of appeal and the United States Supreme Court.
Prior to working with The Carr Law Group and representing clients in and around Clarkesville, Gainesville, and Cleveland, Georgia, Jim worked in Atlanta for some of the largest and most prestigious law firms in the country. For twenty years Jim represented a Florida-based national transportation company as its regional catastrophic injury counsel and in addition to injury cases, Jim has represented banks, celebrities, and large U.S. and international corporations in complex civil litigation.
Jim has handled many noteworthy cases including the following:
- Represented the CEO of major U.S. Record Company in Florida state court case alleging unlawful interference with the business relationship between nationally prominent rock band and its former professional manager.
- Represented the manufacturer of emergency sirens for fire trucks in cases in Philadelphia brought by members of Philadelphia Fire Department alleging hearing loss.
- Represented one of the country’s best known professional wrestlers in litigation with national TV network involving defamation and breach of contract and other matters.
- Represented German corporation and its American subsidiary in litigation in Federal Court in Pennsylvania involving patent infringement and anti-trust claims.
- Represented French chemical manufacturer in litigation in St. Louis alleging chemical spill injury to dozens of AMTRAK railroad employees.
- Defended major military contractor and private aircraft manufacturer in federal court litigation in Savannah alleging employment discrimination.
- Defended major Atlanta bank in federal litigation in California alleging breach of contract and conflict of interest.
- Representation of Atlanta health care company in litigation involving insurance agent’s failure to procure adequate coverage.
- Representation of insurance company in litigation in Tennessee concerning alleged wrongful denial of coverage.
- Representation of Florida-based national transportation company for 20 years as regional catastrophic injury defense counsel.
- Representation of real estate developer in Alabama federal litigation alleging breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract.
Throughout his career, Jim has held several high-level positions with the State Bar of Georgia, including President of the Young Lawyers Division, the Executive Committee of the Board of Governors and the Governor’s Judicial Nominating Commission. He has been voted a “Super Lawyer” by his peers every year since 2008 and his fellow lawyers have given him Martindale-Hubbell’s “Distinguished” rating, it’s highest, reflecting a score of 5 out of a possible 5.
The Top Attorneys of North America, a New York based publication, distinguishes and profiles leading attorneys who have reached a recognizable degree of success and leadership in their field. The directory is valued for promoting awareness of the accomplishments within the North American legal community.